4-H Alberta created a new COVID-19 webpage – https://www.4hab.com/covid-19/ to simplify where to find the latest information on COVID-19 and how it affects our 4-H community. On this page, you will find current guidelines, recent communications, links & resources, FAQs, and more.
On April 6th, the Alberta government announced that due to the rising number of hospitalizations and variants of concern, Alberta is returning to Step 1 of the AHS ‘Path Forward” plan. Step 1 restrictions will remain in place until further notice.
4-H Alberta is fortunate and thankful to be included in the exemption for “Youth and collegiate sport and recreation activities,” as outlined on the AHS website. We are continuing to work with AHS to clarify some of the rules to ensure we are following the rules as set out in the exemption.
What the current restrictions and guidelines mean for our 4-H Alberta community:
- 4-H is allowed to work on project-related activities in groups of 10 at the club level only.
- All participants must be masked and physically distanced – 3 meters inside or 2 meters outside.
- 4-H must conduct their business meetings virtually.
- No in-person 4-H interclub, district or regional activities or events or gatherings are permitted at this time. Any changes to AHS guidelines will be communicated immediately.
- Based on the current trend and past experiences with COVID guidelines, events within the next month or two appear unlikely.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or younger.
- Registered 4-H members ages 19-20 can participate as a helper, assisting younger members, under the supervision and guidance of a Trained 4-H Leader / Screened 4-H Volunteer.
Thank you to our Leaders for your continued hard work and diligence in following the rules to keep our members safe!
The situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, and the Government of Alberta is updating public health orders, guidance and recommendations continuously based on evidence and the expert advice of our public health officials. You are encouraged to visit alberta.ca/COVID regularly for the most up-to-date information.
AHS current public health measures – Enhanced public health measures | Alberta.ca
Resource page – COVID-19 Response Resources
Updated COVID19 FAQs page – FAQs – COVID-19