Spend your morning at the Calgary Zoo learning about the conservation techniques used to save the burrowing owls from extinction while participating in various hands-on activities, such as dissecting owl pellets. Following lunch, discover the spectacular animals that call Asia home while being toured by a knowledgeable conservation education interpreter. On this walking safari, explore predator-prey relationships, social dynamics, adaptations for extreme environments, and human impacts.
The registration fee for this program includes your admission to the Calgary Zoo for the day, as well as lunch at the program. Please be advised, peanuts and/or tree nuts may be present in the Discovery Lab Classroom.
- 9:45am: Arrive at the Calgary Zoo to meet as a group and enter the Zoo.
- 10:00am – 11:30am: Burrowing Owl Program
- 11:30am – 1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm – 2:15pm: Asia Edu-Trek
- 2:15pm – 2:30pm: Pick-up, Program Supervision Ends
Please note that this program has limited space available and will be supervised. If you would like to Chaperone/supervise or if you have questions – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Madeleine Luft at 403 370 7337
Registrants are welcome to stay following the end of the program to explore the Zoo. However, guardians will need to purchase their own admission into the Zoo.
The exact drop-off location and other program specifics will be emailed out to all registrants closer to April 15th.
Registration is open. Please register in the ORS at: https://www.4habregistration.ca/signin
Registration deadline: April 3, 2023
Check out these other fantastic member programs!
Provincial Event Registration Policies
- Online Registration opens at 12:00 am on the first day of registration and is available 24 hours a day until midnight of the registration deadline.
- Registration is not considered complete until full payment is received.
- All requests for late registration (after the Regular Registration Deadline) will be accepted at the sole discretion of the program lead and will be subject to an additional fee of $25.00 on top of the Regular Registration cost.
- An administrative fee of $25.00 will be retained on all cancellations. Cancellations received less than 14 days before the event start date will forfeit the entire registration fee unless a delegate replacement is available or extenuating circumstances are at play.