In compliance with the restrictions official announcement made by Alberta Health Services on April 24, 2020, 4-H Alberta has made the decision to suspend all in-person activities and events until Wednesday, September 30, 2020. This also means that all in person summer camps, shows and competitions, and programs have been suspended and will not be delivered in their traditional manner
How does 4-H Alberta programs impact the 4-H youth? We have available for your to review the impact report on Senior Member Programs.
Have you completed the 4-H CIT course and are ready to invest in 4-H members’ lives through our online summer camps? Are you ready to be the heartbeat of the camp? As a 4-H Alberta Camp Counsellor, you will be interacting virtually with our campers, guiding them through skill sessions, teaching activities, and sharing in the camp experiences. You will be responsible for helping facilitate a structured yet fun environment full of unforgettable memories! Ready to apply?
4-H Alberta Camp Counsellors will be responsible for campers ages 9-14 during Virtual 4-H Camp. As a result of your participation at camp, you will develop further knowledge, skills, attitudes, and aspirations needed for adult success (and have a blast while doing it)! As well, the 4-H Alberta program will be strengthened and expanded. Your roles and responsibilities at camp will include the following (but may not be limited to):
- Attend virtual pre-camp Training (Date TBD)
- Help welcome campers
- Lead/co-lead a Small Group – you will be responsible for supervising 5-10 co-ed campers during the camp day. This will include promoting camper participation during camp, knowing and understanding all safety guidelines, assuring for the safety of all campers, and serving as a role model to campers and your peers.
- Help campers understand our exhilarating skill sessions and activities!
- Maintain enthusiasm for this years’ camp format in order to keep campers engaged.
Only apply for camps that you are willing and able to counsel. You may be placed at your 3rd choice if you have indicated that as an option. You will get the opportunity to counsel more than one camp, provided there are enough spaces available.
- Must have taken the 4-H CIT program
- Must be able to attend virtual pre-camp training (Date TBD)
- Must be at least 16 years of age by the start of camp
- Must have reliable internet access
- Must have access to Zoom, most preferably on a laptop or desktop
- Must adhere to the 4-H in Canada Code of Conduct
- Must be patient, adaptable and enthusiastic
- Available for all days of the camp (4-day camps)
- If you are over 18 years of age by the start of camp: Must complete a criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check; must complete a reference check (min 2)
Virtual Summer Camps
Junior Camp – Ages 9-11 – Jul 6-9
Combined Camp – Ages 10-13 – Jul 13-16
Intermediate Camp – Ages 12-14 – Jul 20-23
Check out these other fantastic member programs!
Provincial Event Registration Policies
- Online Registration opens at 12:00 am on the first day of registration and is available 24 hours a day until midnight of the registration deadline.
- Registration is not considered complete until full payment is received.
- All requests for late registration (after the Regular Registration Deadline) will be accepted at the sole discretion of the program lead and will be subject to an additional fee of $25.00 on top of the Regular Registration cost.
- An administrative fee of $25.00 will be retained on all cancellations. Cancellations received less than 14 days before the event start date will forfeit the entire registration fee unless a delegate replacement is available or extenuating circumstances are at play.