Leader Awards & Trips
Past 4-H Hall of Fame recipients gather at Leaders’ Conference 2019
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry is accepting nominations for the Alberta 4‑H Hall of Fame.
The Alberta 4-H Hall of Fame honours Albertans who have made exceptional contributions to the 4-H program in this province through outstanding leadership and/or have made significant impact on 4-H youth and/or leaders.
Who can be nominated?
Annually up to 2 nominees (individuals, couples or groups) will be selected to join the other Albertans who have been honoured since the Hall of Fame was initiated in 1971.
Nominees may have served the 4-H program in Alberta as a volunteer or as a professional. Responsibilities and impact on 4-H, as well as involvement in other community organizations and activities will be taken into consideration.
A selection committee will make a recommendation to the 4-H Section who will forward the choices to senior Government of Alberta officials. Alberta Agriculture and Forestry will make the official announcement of the inductee(s). Groups or individuals are invited to submit a nomination by 4:00 pm on August 1st. Late or incomplete nomination packages will not be considered by the Selection Committee.
Contact: Susann Stone
Golden Clover Award
Deadline: November 15, 2020
The Golden Clover Award serves to recognize individuals or groups who have exhibited outstanding leadership while initiating a special contribution such as an innovative idea, program, activity or event that has made a significant difference to 4-H Alberta.
Who can be nominated?
- An individual or group that has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills while initiating their special contribution to 4-H at any level (club, district, regional, or provincial level)
- Members, Leaders, Sponsor Representatives, Clubs, District Councils, Regional Councils, 4-H Alumni, 4-H Staff, 4-H Community Supporters
Examples of special contributions: (not limited to)
- Creating and piloting a new project or program
- Starting or re-organizing an event or activity at the club, district, regional, or provincial level
- Creating a new program, activity, or partnership at any level
- Making a special contribution to 4-H
- Outstanding leadership, mentorship, volunteerism
- Facilitating a unique experience for members
Past Golden Clover Award Recipients:
Northwest 4-H Region – Horse Play Committee
– Developed and organized a successful, regional, equine event with large attendance
Leta Braunwarth – Use of technology to bring members together
Provost 4-H Pavilion – Community building
Lorraine Parkinson – Club opportunity at the Calgary Stampede
Alberta Recycling Management Authority – Recycling initiatives
Henry Weigman – Program innovation
Dixie Crowson, Linda Gooch and Muffy Knox – 4-H Alberta Horsemanship video
Edith Zawadiuk – 4-H supporter and Ukraine 4-H initiative
Calgary 4-H Alumni – Calaway Caper
Milo Barfuss – Award of Excellence
UFA Cooperative LTD – Sponsorship
How to Apply:
- Fill the form out, save, submit with testimonials or letters of support or please provide reference(s) who can help us to create a fitting tribute when we present the Golden Clover.
- Application Deadline: November 15
- The Golden Clover Award will be announced at Leaders’ Conference in January, 2019
- Past nominees can be nominated again. Applications must be re-submitted on current form.
- Recipients will be notified in December to make arrangements for presentation.
c/o Golden Clover Award 2017
RR1 Site 7 Box 1
Westerose AB T0C 2V0
Phone: 780-682-2648 Toll Free: 1-877-682-2244
4-H Canada National Volunteer Leader of the Year
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Volunteer leaders truly are the lifeblood of the 4-H program. With their support and guidance, 4-H’ers are given outstanding experiences and skill development opportunities to be responsible, caring and contributing individuals who affect positive change in the world around them.
4-H members show your appreciation and nominate YOUR leader for the National Volunteer Leader of the Year award! Applications for the National Volunteer Leader of the Year is open between September and November 30. Please visit National Volunteer Leader of the Year Award for more details.
- Visit apply.4-h-canada.ca
- Nomination deadline is November 30
Contact: 4‑H Canada
Norma Ansloos, Springbank Rawhides 4-H Club
National Volunteer Leader of the Year 2017
Caroline Boddy, Golden Prairie 4-H Club
National Volunteer Leader of the Year 2016
Leader Travel Opportunities
4-H Alberta offers various Leadership Development and Chaperone travel opportunities. These opportunities give leaders the chance to travel nationally and internationally, meet fellow 4-H leaders and/or members, and expand their own leadership skills, knowledge and experience. All leaders registered with 4-H Alberta are eligible to apply for these opportunities.
Northern Alberta & Northwest Territories Camping and Agriculture Development Tour
|Northern Alberta & NWT||Jul or Aug 2020||Chaperone||Jun 1|
4-H & FFA livestock Judging Contest (N.I.L.E.)
|Billings MT||TBA 2020||Chaperone||TBA|
4-H Canada Members Fourm
|Calgary AB||Nov 4-8, 2020||Chaperone||Jul 25|
Western National Roundup Livestock Evaluation Contest
|Denver CO||TBA 2020||Chaperone||TBA|
4-H Canada Leadership Summit
|Ottawa ON||Feb 8-11, 2020||Leader Development||Oct 15|
4-H Canada Citizenship Congress
|Ottawa, ON||May 5-10, 2020||Chaperone||Dec 1|
How to Submit An Application
Read this document: Leader Opportunities Roles and Responsibilities
Download the appropriate application form (the travel opportunity description will indicate whether it is a Leadership Development or Chaperone opportunity):
Leadership Development Application Form | Chaperone Application Form
Complete the appropriate application form and submit or email as an attachment to Alesha Hill – email@example.com
Download this form: Leader Opportunities Reference Form
Send this form to two selected references. Have them submit or email to Alesha Hill – firstname.lastname@example.org
Await confirmation that you have received the travel opportunity (within one month after the deadline date).
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Contact: Alesha Hill