4-H is such a worthwhile program. By offering 4-H within the school day, it becomes accessible to so many more youth, especially those at risk whose parents or guardians may not be able to pay the fees or get them to extracurricular 4-H clubs.
CO-OP Growing Leaders New Membership Program
Do you know of someone who wants to participate in 4-H Alberta? Want to invite a new friend to join your 4-H Club?
We are thrilled to announce that 4-H Alberta has partnered with Federated Co‑operatives Limited and Arrowwood Co-op, Central Alberta Co-op, Cornerstone Co-op, Pembina West Co-op, Pincher Creek Co-op, and Westview Co-op, as generous sponsors of the new CO-OP Growing Leaders program, an exciting initiative that will fund new 4-H Alberta members. Each of these Co-op locations will be supporting 4-H Alberta by funding new member registration fees. This application is open to anyone who has not previously been involved with 4-H Alberta. Please visit one of those Local Co-op stores for more information or apply below.
- You must be a new member to 4-H Alberta with no previous involvement
- Please contact one of the Local Co-ops mentioned above to talk about the 4-H Alberta New Member Registration Program; a complete list of participating Co-ops can be found below in the application
- Please fill out all questions in the application form below
- The name of the Club you wish to join
- The name and contact information of the General Leader of the Club you wish to join
- Please reach out the one of the participating Co-op locations below and let them know you are interested in joining 4-H Alberta
- Complete the new member application form to get your registration fees waived
- Once 4-H Alberta has received all the information, we will connect with the new member’s club and confirm registration
- Once confirmed, your information will be shared with your designated Co-op for approval, then the club will receive the registration fees
Click here to apply! The deadline to apply is December 15, 2023
If you have additional questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Assistance Program
In late 2022, 4-H Alberta secured initial funding from the McCall MacBain Foundation to roll out a financial assistance pilot to 4-H Members who may not have the financial means to participate in 4-H Alberta but would love to join.
Due to the high demand on the pilot program and thanks to the generosity of our 4-H Alberta community, the McCall MacBain Foundation, as well as UFA, we are excited to announce that we will once again be offering the Financial Assistance Program for the 2023/2024 Club year and will be able to increase the number of youth we can serve!
Our goal is to ensure that those who are in financial need are able to access provincial programs offered by 4-H Alberta.
Any Member(s) who are considering to opt out or may not be in a financial position to join the 4-H Alberta program due to financial constraints/ limited financial resources, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Approved financial assistance recipients may either prepay their provincial club registration fees and then get reimbursed (to protect their anonymity), or
- If approved financial assistance recipients do not have the funds to pay their club registration fees in advance, we ask them to connect with the Fund Development Team at email@example.com to explore a suitable solution
- Please note that Clubs are not responsible to carry the unpaid dues since the review and approval of financial assistance is completed on an ongoing basis until available funding has been depleted or the application closes
- Thanks to the generous support of our donors, the application will remain open until all funds have been disbursed.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Family Orientation Guide
This informative, organizational tool is a great way for new 4-H families to become familiarized with the basics of belongs to 4-H. Includes details on club operations, project basics, the 4-H organizations, opportunities beyond the club level and where to go for more information. The information tabs also function as 4-H Family Binder organizers!
Click on the appropriate section below to download the fillable PDF, enter in the appropriate information and update your Family Orientation Guide.
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY
Join a 4-H Club
Are you ready to join a family-friendly 4-H club that promotes healthy, active, social, community living through a wide variety of fun and interesting projects?
Click the button below to find out more.