Scholarships are an integral part of our 4-H curriculum and many of our 4-H Alberta members pursue post-secondary education and vocational training.
The 4-H Alberta Scholarship program helps and supports youth who wish to pursue higher education.
4-H Alberta Scholarships
Scholarship is CLOSED
By completing one online application, 4-H members will be considered for all of the 4-H Alberta Scholarships for which they are eligible. Applicants can only receive one (1) 4-H Alberta Scholarship (up to $2,500!), but may also receive a region or district scholarship in the same application year.
Thank you to AFSC, ATB, the Alberta Beef Producers, CCI Wireless, Cervus Equipment, Gas Alberta, and Rocky View County who allocated a portion of their sponsorship funding towards our scholarship program.
- You must be a past or present member of a 4-H Alberta Club.
- You may apply for a 4-H scholarship every year that you are a full time postsecondary student at an officially recognized institution.
- Successful applicants must provide proof that they are attending a post-secondary institution as a full-time student.
How to Apply – follow all instructions precisely or your application will not be accepted
A full list of provincial and additional scholarships with their respective criteria and scholarship amounts is below:
In 2019, the following scholarship recipients have received 4-H Alberta Scholarships:
- 2019 4-H Alberta Provincial Scholarship Recipients:
- 2019 4-H Alberta ‘Additional’ Scholarship Recipients:
Fund Development Coordinator
Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship
Scholarship deadline is June 30
Since 2008, the Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship has awarded multiple $2,000 scholarships each year in honour of Elmer and Ona Hansen.
In 2018, we made significant changes to this scholarship and are thrilled, honoured, and proud to continue the Hansen/ Ness Legacy in a meaningful way: we will again award ten (10) Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarships, worth a total of $80,000! The scholarships will be awarded as follows:
- One (1) scholarship will be awarded at $20,000;
- One (1) scholarship will be awarded at $15,000;
- One (1) scholarship will be awarded at $10,000; and
- Seven (7) scholarships will be awarded at $5,000 each.
To access the application in May 2021, please click here. The following scholarship rules and criteria apply:
- Applicants must complete and submit the application no later than June 30, 2021
- Applicants must be Alberta rural farm young persons
- Applicants must be enrolled as first-year students at an acknowledged post-secondary institution and not have previously started or completed a post-secondary program
- Applicants must have graduated from high school and be no older than 25 years of age
- Applicants must need to leave home to pursue a post-secondary education or trade
- This grant is open to all rural farm youth and 4-H experience is not mandatory to qualify for this award
If you meet these criteria, you are encouraged to submit your application no later than June 30, 2021. Please click here to access the application and carefully follow the guidelines outlined in the application.
Feel free to contact email@example.com if you do have any questions.
Bayer Scholarships for Students
Deadline May 1 or June 1
From sustainable agriculture practices to modern technology, Bayer Crop Science is focused on the future of the food production industry. Nothing is more important to the future of agriculture and food production than the passionate people who have dedicated their careers to feeding Canadians.
That is why Bayer Crop Science Canada has great scholarship opportunities for both graduating high school students and current post-secondary students. Explore the scholarship opportunities below that can provide financial relief for your studies.
For more information and to how to apply, please follow this link: https://www.cropscience.bayer.ca/Our-Company/ScholarshipInformation