Our Cleaver Kids Program is proudly supported by Viterra Inc.
Cleaver Kids is an early introduction to 4-H Alberta through fun, hands on learning that is age appropriate for youth aged 6 to 8 years.
To register with Cleaver Kids for the 2020-2021 club year, the child must be age six as of January 1, 2021 or must not have reached age nine by that time. Those who will turn nine before January 1, 2021 will register as Junior 4-H members.
Cleaver Kids enjoy learning about 4-H by first learning about the basic requirements and then focusing on the four areas of skills development. 4-H Clubs can be creative and design stand-alone activities that foster skills development in a progressive manner. Stand-alone learning activities, that are age appropriate and different than 4-H Members’ project activities, serve to prepare Cleaver Kids to transition into Junior 4-H Members and progress through the 4-H program. Keeping learning fresh at each stage helps to ensure that they remain engaged and interested. Engagement of Cleaver Kids at club level is about FUN, FUN, FUN and the fun requires family involvement.
To aid in providing programs for Cleaver Kids please watch the following webinar:
Cleaver Kids Focus On:
- Developing new friendships.
- Developing a sense of belonging to the club and community.
- Developing listening skills and abilities to express themselves.
- Learning to set goals, track progress and celebrate achievements.
More information can be found in the Cleaver Kids Leader Guide. If you would like more information please contact the 4-H Council of Alberta.
Cleaver Kids Resources
Cleaver Kids Leaders:
- Download the Cleaver Kids Leader Guide
- 4-H Alberta Leader Card
- Emailed activities within each area of focus each month
Cleaver Kids will Receive:
- Cleaver Kids card
- Cleaver Kids progress folder
- Cleaver Kids year end pennant or silver seal for returning Cleaver Kids
RR 1 Site 7 Box 1
WESTEROSE AB T0C 2V0