Club Funding Opportunities
Funding opportunities supported by 4-H Alberta are an excellent way to help your club raise money to cover the costs of club administration and social activities. They also help 4-H Alberta cover some of its administrative and operating costs as a portion of some fundraising opportunities are shared with 4-H Alberta, like the Tire and Electronics Recycling Program.
For more fundraising tips, tricks, and guidelines, please check out the Club Fundraising Tool Kit for more information.
The funding opportunities listed below have been approved by 4-H Alberta and are available to clubs across the province. Please read the information carefully prior to selecting a fundraiser(s) that suit your club or applying for sponsor funding. 4-H Alberta will continue to work with fundraising partners on new fundraisers and fundraising opportunities and update this page regularly and as new opportunities transpire.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-682-2153 for more information.
Club Funding Through 4-H Alberta Sponsors
4-H Alberta enjoys longstanding and strong partnerships with its sponsors and supporters which also benefit our clubs and districts. Some of our sponsors extend funding to our clubs and districts which are accessible as follows:
AltaLink Communications Program Funding
- Each year, AltaLink provides funding for 4-H Alberta’s communications program on a club, district, regional, and provincial level
- Funding will be distributed to clubs, districts, and regions at the beginning of the calendar year – no action required
Alberta Recycling Management Authority Fundraising
- Please see Tire and Electronics Recycling
UFA Funds 4-H Clubs and Districts
- UFA provide up to $80,000 in funding available to 4-H Alberta clubs and districts
- Applications are open starting November 2023 (the exact application launch date is still to be confirmed)
- Please visit https://coop.ufa.com/4h-clubs to complete and submit your application
FortisAlberta Community Cares Grant
- FortisAlberta provides funding for 4-H Alberta clubs that engage in community improvement and/or community cleanup projects in the FortisAlberta operating area
- Each year, six (6) clubs will have the opportunity to apply for $500 club funding to support those community enhancement projects
- Applications will open in January 2024 (exact application launch date still to be confirmed) and interested clubs can apply for funding by accessing the online application (link to be posted in early January)
Rocky View County Club Funding
- Rocky View County provides funding to 4-H Alberta clubs residing in Rockyview 4-H District
- Funding will be sent to the Rockyview 4-H District and then distributed to eligible 4-H Alberta clubs
Additional funding through National 4-H Canada partnerships may be available throughout the club year and will be shared as opportunities arise.
4-H Alberta Rural Tire and Electronics Recycling is a partnership between 4-H Alberta and the Alberta Recycling Management Authority (Alberta Recycling). Its purpose is to collect scrap tires from Alberta farms, acreages, and residences. The Electronics Roundup is designed to collect unused televisions, computers, monitors, laptops, printers, and accessories from Alberta farms and residences.
The Program runs year-round and clubs can register with 4-H Alberta quarterly (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter). 4-H Alberta will ensure the Tire Collection and Recycling Forms are filled out correctly and then submit them to Alberta Recycling who will conduct spot checks to verify the information and ensure the tires have been collected according to the Program guidelines. They will then pay 4-H based on the verified information.
To register your Club or District for the recycling program please fill out the attached google form here: Register my Club for Tire or Electronics Recycling
Alberta Highway Clean Up
The program is an Alberta Transportation led program and not under the guidance or administration of 4-H Alberta. For additional information please visit https://www.alberta.ca/alberta-highway-cleanup-programs.aspx
If you decide to participate in the program, please ensure you are safe and follow all Alberta Transportation rules including age and supervision. Note that participants cannot be under the age of 9 even if they are registered as a member in the 4-H Alberta program.
We do not have a 4-H Alberta staff contact for the Highway Cleanup program as this is not a 4-H Alberta program, it is an Alberta Transportation program.
If clubs have any issues or trouble getting paid, please contact:
Charitable Tax Receipt Information
Charity Auction Events or Initiatives that Involve Charitable Tax Receipts:
- 4-H Alberta is proud to support a culture of philanthropy amongst our community and as a registered charity, it must adhere to specific fundraising guidelines as mandated by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). To effectively support our community in its fundraising efforts, we ask that any group seeking charitable tax receipts to be issued for contributions to please contact 4-H Alberta’s Development Team at email@example.com prior to making any commitments to potential donors.
- Gifts must be given freely and at arms length. Gifts can be given to 4-H Alberta in the form of monetary donations or gifts-in-kind such as gifts of property or non-cash gifts.
- Not all gifts-in-kind qualify for charitable tax receipts such as gifts of services, gift certificates, non-cash gifts for which fair market value cannot be determined, loans of property, pledges, court-ordered donations, a gift that gives a donor an advantage whose fair market value is more than 80% of the value of the gift, and other restrictions. More information is available on the Canada Revenue Agency website here.
- Gift-in-kind require proof of fair market value and may require a third party appraisal. If you are interested in providing a gift-in-kind to 4-H Alberta please contact the 4-H Alberta Development Team to learn more.
- If a group is planning on hosting or being the beneficiary of a charity auction event, the organiser must be in contact with 4-H Alberta’s Development Team to ensure we can effectively support groups in providing charitable tax receipts for donor contributions, where eligible.
Please contact 4-H Alberta’s Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on charitable donations including monetary donations, gift-in-kind donations, gifts of securities, and legacy gifts.
To make a charitable donation online, please visit www.4hab.com/donate/, alternatively, you can also mail a cheque to the 4-H Alberta Centre at the following address: