Join Our Team
4-H Alberta is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, organized full-time Customer Care Specialist to join us in our fast paced, professional environment. This is a full time, permanent position located at the 4-H Alberta headquarters, 4-H Centre, Westerose, AB.
With over 5000 members and 2000 volunteers across Alberta, we have an opportunity for you to make a meaningful difference in the lives of 4-Hers across our province. The Customer Care Specialist performs a variety of administrative functions as well as receptionist duties associated with the daily operation of 4-H Alberta. Reporting to the Director, 4-H Centre, the Customer Care Specialist will assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for campers, visitors and other staff members. The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provides customer service to 4-H Alberta community, responding to routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate personnel and greeting visitors;
- Responds to 4-H Alberta members and family member concerns, ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Director;
- Receives incoming mail, coordinates distribution, and processes outgoing mail;
- Participates as a member of the team and provides support to other team members as required;
- Prepares a cheque log and processes virtual bank deposits;
- Serves as the contact for 4-H Centre bookings, supervision of kitchen and summer staff, prepares menus and price lists;
- Serves as the sales representative for the 4-H Alberta Store, delivering sales, ordering merchandise, maintaining inventory;
- Some evenings, nights, and weekends are required in peak periods;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Youth-first mentality that guides all your decisions;
- A collaborative spirit;
- A passion for inclusivity;
- Ability to deliver on commitments, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience in g suite is an asset;
- Previous experience working in a similar position (including working knowledge of office procedures and basic bookkeeping);
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience related to administration and front-facing customer service is required.
- Willingness to support other team members and work various evenings and weekends as necessary.
A Rewarding Role
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you’ll be rewarded with an industry-competitive salary based on skills and qualifications. You’ll also be eligible for an excellent benefits package along with the opportunity to build your career with an organization that is making a difference in the lives of others.
About 4-H Alberta
4-H is a youth development organization that guides, supports and inspires Alberta’s greatest resource, the youth of Alberta. We are Alberta’s premier youth organization that encourages youth to learn to do by doing, and empowers them to become leaders and volunteers in their clubs, communities, countries, and the world.
4-H Alberta is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
4-H Alberta is supported by hardworking and passionate people who are working tirelessly to create one of the finest youth development organizations in Canada. If this feels like an environment that you could thrive within, apply now!
Please note that in accordance with 4-H Alberta policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply, please click the link: Customer Care Specialist Application