The 4-H Alberta Beef Heifer Show allows members an additional opportunity to showcase their beef female project, hone their skills, and gain further knowledge of trends in the industry, all within an experiential environment designed for their learning and development.
Participants take part in competitions such as: showmanship, commercial and purebred conformation, team grooming, judging, and show team judging – where members work together to direct and judge a class of cattle, marketing, and demonstrations from industry experts.
- To provide an educational opportunity at the provincial level for 4-H members to broaden their knowledge of showing, fitting, and judging beef cattle, as well as the general beef industry.
- To provide an opportunity for 4-H members to display, through an organized competition, their grooming, project knowledge, judging, and showmanship skills.
- To provide an enjoyable opportunity for sharing ideas and socializing between 4-H members and clubs throughout the province.
- To promote and encourage awareness of the 4-H Beef Breeding project and its related activities to fellow project members from around the province.
- To promote public awareness of the 4-H Beef breeding project through a compelling display of members’ project activities.
Your entries are not complete until you have also registered on the Summer Synergy website – http://www.summersynergy.ca/entries.html
The Beef Heifer Show Information booklet is on the Summer Synergy webpage – please check it out for all rules and competition descriptions.
- Multi-Species Judging
- Team Grooming
Cost Varies – check the Summer Synergy website for details.
Dates: July 10-15, 2023
Location: Olds Regional Exhibition, Olds, AB
Registration Deadline: June 1, 2023
4-H Alberta Program/Event Registration Fee Procedure
Provincial Beef Show Program Sheet
Provincial Beef Show Program Booklet