**These programs are for Juniors, Intermediates, and Seniors
Homeschool Daytime 4-H Intro Club: Explore 4-H
Date: Thursdays, February 15, 22, 29, March 7 & 14th
Location: Citadel Community Association – 870 Citadel Dr NW, Calgary, AB
Registration: Open now in the online registration system. Closes February 1, 2024
Registration Cost: $120
Who Can Attend: 9-18 year olds, open to current members and people new to 4-H
Intro Clubs are a new 4-H Alberta initiative currently based in Calgary. Intro Clubs are for current 4-H members and for young people new to 4-H (9+).
Get ready to explore a variety of 4-H projects and develop practical leadership and life skills with our NEW 5-week Daytime Intro Clubs: Explore 4-H Program! As members engage in the projects and activities, they will learn lifelong skills such as communication & leadership while making new friends! This club is for youth ages 9 – 18 and will give families a glimpse into the exciting world of 4-H without committing to a year-long program.
This will be an EXPLORE 4-H Club specifically for homeschoolers ages 9 – 18. The club will run for five weeks from 1 – 3:30 pm on Thursdays, perfect for families with a lot on the go who still want a taste of 4-H while their children explore and learn with other homeschoolers.
There are only 15 spots available so please register as soon as possible to ensure your child(ren) has a spot.
This is not a traditional 4-H club. Current members with a diary will get one point for attending the duration of an Intro Club as either completing a project or attending a Provincial event.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Current and new member in the Calgary area
Citadel Community Association – 870 Citadel Dr NW, Calgary, AB
Dates: Thursdays, February 15, 22, 29, March 7 & 14th
Time offerings: 1:00 – 3:30 pm
Financial assistance is available – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
These days the family schedule can be a hectic one, forcing family members to see less and less of one another. Belonging to 4-H can change that. Being part of 4-H means that your family will have opportunities to play, work and learn together. In this short six-week intro club, although not mandatory, we encourage parents/caregivers to choose one date that they could attend and support the club. Families will be invited to a portion of the final date for an achievement celebration.
Provincial Event Registration Policies
Payment of Program/Event Fees
- 4-H Alberta requires that complete registrations are processed through the online registration system, by the registration deadline, and payment in full has been received, prior to acceptance.
- 4-H Alberta is responsible for setting fees for all 4-H Alberta programs/events. Each program/event has its own fee.
- All requests for late registration (after the Regular Registration Deadline) will be accepted at the sole discretion of the program lead
- GST is included in all 4-H program registration fees.
- 4-H Alberta reserves the right to:
- Cancel programs due to insufficient registrations or circumstances out of our control;
- Reallocate applicants to other similar programs based on applicants choice;
- Refund the entire registration fee if a suitable alternate program is unavailable.
Insufficient Program/Event Payment
- Registration is not considered complete until full payment is received.
- Any cheque returned by the bank must be reissued and processed prior to the program/event start date. Failure to do so will cancel the delegate’s program registration.
- 4-H Alberta staff will contact the individual requesting full payment in a timely manner following the bank notification.
Program/Event Registration Cancellation
- A percentage of the registration fee will be retained on all cancellations to help recover costs and administration process:
- $0-$50 = no fee
- $51 or more = 30%
- Contact email@example.com if you are unable to attend due to extenuating circumstances. Physician notes will be requested when applicable.
- Cancellations received less than 14 days before the program start date will forfeit the entire registration fee unless a delegate replacement is available or extenuating circumstances are at play.
The 4-H Alberta Program/Event Registration Fee Procedure is subject to change at the discretion of the Program Lead.