To all Ambassadors – Application for Premier’s Award is now open.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2023
Access the application form: https://forms.gle/hBf2RQUKN3sy6kYP7
The Premier’s Award Recipient is selected and awarded the honour at the annual Fall Senior Symposium program. The Premier’s Award was donated personally by Honourable E.C. Manning, Premier of Alberta, and first presented to an outstanding 4-H member in 1964.
The recipient represents Alberta 4-H members at a variety of events over the following year, that may include delivering a keynote address, attending events, MCing banquets and or events.
The recipient will also attend one event per region, at the request of 4-H Area Coordinators, as an MC or other designated role.
- Meeting Government of Alberta representatives.
- Being a guest speaker at various agriculture events.
- Opportunity to attend 4-H Canada’s 2024 Citizenship Congress.
- Receiving the Ted Youck Outstanding Leadership in 4-H Alberta Award.
Ambassadors can apply for the role by filling out the online application and participating in the interview process.
Provincial Event Registration Policies
Payment of Program/Event Fees
- 4-H Alberta requires that complete registrations are processed through the online registration system, by the registration deadline, and payment in full has been received, prior to acceptance.
- 4-H Alberta is responsible for setting fees for all 4-H Alberta programs/events. Each program/event has its own fee.
- All requests for late registration (after the Regular Registration Deadline) will be accepted at the sole discretion of the program lead
- GST is included in all 4-H program registration fees.
- 4-H Alberta reserves the right to:
- Cancel programs due to insufficient registrations or circumstances out of our control;
- Reallocate applicants to other similar programs based on applicants choice;
- Refund the entire registration fee if a suitable alternate program is unavailable.
Insufficient Program/Event Payment
- Registration is not considered complete until full payment is received.
- Any cheque returned by the bank must be reissued and processed prior to the program/event start date. Failure to do so will cancel the delegate’s program registration.
- 4-H Alberta staff will contact the individual requesting full payment in a timely manner following the bank notification.
Program/Event Registration Cancellation
- A percentage of the registration fee will be retained on all cancellations to help recover costs and administration process:
- $0-$50 = no fee
- $51 or more = 30%
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend due to extenuating circumstances. Physician notes will be requested when applicable.
- Cancellations received less than 14 days before the program start date will forfeit the entire registration fee unless a delegate replacement is available or extenuating circumstances are at play.
The 4-H Alberta Program/Event Registration Fee Procedure is subject to change at the discretion of the Program Lead.